Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Saw Kabul Express a couple 'o days back. I really liked it. My kinda movie, definetly. Man what has happened to hindi cinema. I'm amazed at the kind 'o movies they are churning out. Change for the better! Normally good movies are runied by the forced song sequences. Kabul Express was spared of this torture. I wouldn't call it a heart wrenching story but, somehow it appeals to you. There was a high level of consistency in location & wardrobe. Arshad Warsi got the best lines and ye was the fun attraction. There are many subtle messages given yet Kabul Express doesn't become preachy. This movie somehow reminded me of a photograph i saw some years back at a radhi shop. There are times when you see something and it just stays on in some corner of your mind just to resurface later. I'm sure a lot many people have seen it. That gaze. It makes you shiver and yet makes you look at it over and over again.

2 comments:

Bharath Hemachandran said...

:)

Maybe hindi movie standards are so low that even a decent movie seems outstanding. I'll give it a watch if I get the chance... but I'm def not holding my breath expecting a classic. I've been let down too many times for that.

cure for ennui said...

oh! too much expectation really ruins ur mood wen the movie doesn't meet it. Kabul express is not like tht. ye it ain't a classic, it ain't a mediocre movie though. well we've differed in our views a lot many times. sincerely hope u like Kabul Express!