Saturday, December 30, 2006

I've really succumbed to boredom today. Sooooooo bored. It’s been two days since I’ve been having light work. I’ve been trying to create work for myself for the past two days. Going through files, old excel sheets, updating documents, cleaning my cupboards….all done. Now what? Sitting idle is the worst torture one can go through.
I’ve bought a new phone so I had to update the address book. I tried as much as I could to drag this work today. But no! I completed it at jet speed. Went for a walk with a colleague. Tried to make it as long as possible, but then I walk fast so reached office in 20 mins. Caught up with all the news possible about retail and trademarks. Done that. Been there so many times! Finally a ray of light when I got a ‘you’ve got mail’ sign. Had to make a call and discuss about it with my boss Did that. It just took less than 15 mins. This is the problem with me, finishing a given job early. Damn good for the office, amazing persecution for me ‘caz ‘o every idle hour spent.
Prayer for the new year : GIVE ME SO MUCH WORK IN THE OFFICE THAT I AM NOT IDLE ENOUGH TO WRITE ANOTHER ARTICLE LIKE THIS!

2 comments:

Bharath Hemachandran said...

haven't you ever heard of the saying... be careful what you wish for as it may come true?

Pratik said...

Looks like finishing work early runs in your family genes. Your co-blogger used to finish his internship work so quickly that he used to have two-hour long lunches (outside office) and come back home early. Am I wrong, Bharath?

Your breed amuses me. I could never be like you. :)