Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I like going shopping. 2 of my aunts and me make a good threesome for a shopping spree. Love to see what's the in thing in the market. Not that I have to buy whatever is the latest. Just that I just like to know stuff, feel and touch things that you can only dream about buying. Well with 'drive and see' schemes you can even hop into your dream car and get a free ride without worrying about money! You can even go into an air-conditioned store on a very hot day, pose as a serious buyer and leave all cooled off :) no strings attached. Oh yes you will see some very irritated faces but that’s okie. They see a 100 customers everyday. Who’s gonna remember a person returning the next year?

The store that comes under my serious shopping list is FabIndia. I love this store. I've harped so much about this store to my friends at office that they too have become FabIndiaholics. Go into the store, and I become so tempted so much so that I've stopped taking any form 'o money with me :)

I basically like wearing clothes that make you feel very comfortable and light. That’s exactly what is provided. High collared long, short and mini cotton kurtas all sans dupattas (man i really hate it) with block print/ hand embroidery. Their clothes give you a nice chic look. FabIndia better give me my cut 'cause no one I’ve sent there left without making a minimum purchase of 1000 :) hurrah to me!

One drawback was that they had very few outlets in India. With the retail boom catching up, you'll soon see a lot many of these stores. Who knows one many open in your city too! cross your fingers!

1 comment:

Bharath Hemachandran said...

Yeah seriously! You better go in there are find out if there is a referral program!

I hope if I ever start a company i get customers like you!