Sunday, August 13, 2006

The mystery of the disappearing weekend!

And there goes another weekend. Well technically I still have 7 hrs left today. But I don't feel like doing much. I have to do laundry *yuck* and well then I have to mow my lawn. Where do weekends go???? Why do they disappear so quickly? *sob* I want my weekend back :(.

On a positive note, just a little over a month left for me to fly home!

Mowing a lawn is much harder than it sounds and not much fun either! Luckily I have my super flash drive MP3 player to rescue me from the monotony of mowing. The reason I like it so much is that it can put up with rough treatment and is small enough to carry anywhere in any kind of clothing!

If you're a techie, would highly recommend Programming Pearls by Jon Bently. Super stuff that really makes you think about all the things that you could have done to make your coding tasks a lot easier! Kinda makes you wish that you had half the brains to think about it in the first place.

Lost my match against the Italian today morning. So basically I am the proud owner of a $35 t-shirt. Played very badly! I guess I taught him a few expletives that he didn't know. On the positive side learnt how to talk a few Italian words. Nice guy. He even wanted to play me again later! I thought my team would like him to join us next season. However another team scouting for a singles player pounced on him. There goes another tourney that I've bombed this year. Best result I've had so far is a runner-up :(.

Watched a super movie last night called Silent Waters. Made as a quasi-documentary about the rise of extremism in a Pakistani village during the late 1970s. Scary stuff indeed! Can't imagine how non-muslims survive there. The amount of psychological trauma they have to put up with must be incredible.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

those were the days...

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=6.893212,79.860944&spn=0.002881,0.004345&t=k&om=1

Anonymous said...

just thought i'd let you know that i know where you used to live. muwahahahahahahahaha! :)

Anonymous said...

in case you couldn't get the link working, try:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=6.893212,79.860944&spn=0.002881,0.004345&t=k&om=1

Anonymous said...

or even:

link

btw, a thousand apologies for spamming your comments... i would have edited my previous comment instead of adding another one if there was a way to do it.

Bharath Hemachandran said...

??

I lived in California? Wow. I didn't know!

Anonymous said...

are you f-ing with me? or are you just having problems with the link, unlikely as that may seem...if the latter is true, try right-clicking on the word "link"( in the comment posted at 11.26am), copy the link location and paste into your browser's address bar - that should do the trick....

the only other reason i can think of for you believing it's someplace in california is the west-facing coast when you zoom up a few levels.... try zooming up a lot more to get an idea of where you really are...and it's a place around 12000 miles from california :)

Anonymous said...

I guess I was just having problems with the link :)

Good ol' Lanka.