Thursday, August 24, 2006

Holy Orkut!

Google has the Midas touch. It really does. I mean take almost anything that they ventured into (software wise). They have an astounding rate of success - because their products are amazing. I was coerced into joining Orkut (Google's version of Myspace). With much reluctance I got past my inertia for these public forums where people fall over themselves to give out information about themselves to strangers. And I'm loving it!

You can join Orkut by invitation only... which means that there are far fewer spammers that can get onto it unlike other similar sites such as hi5 and Friendster. The layout and tools supported rock! I was especially astounded by the super speedy page loads and times taken to upload pictures from your machine. There are few kinks in the system... and the network there is amazing. I suppose they have used Ajax to the max on these sites. Ajax is awesome! It is revolutionizing the web industry! Ok... sorry enough geeky stuff :).

Getting back to the site... I have found friends that I had completely forgotten about! Just the other day I was going through some digital pictures of mine and remenescing about the wonderful people that I have met in my life. I wished that I had been more proactive in keeping in touch with the people who had been a big part of my life at some point or the other. Living in Charleston playing tennis to fill my time is great... but I miss my college friends and other friends who made my life complete!

I must give a big thank you to Orkut and the people that made me join. There are too many ppl to thank for that... so well u know who you are... And if you are not reading this, then well you don't deserve to be thanked in the first place :).

So well I have been Orkutting since day before evening at home, in the office, when I get up in the morning and before I go to sleep at night. So well if you have an Orkut account I'd love to hear from you.

If not you should try it out!

No comments: