Monday, August 14, 2006

Kicksters

is the name of my new office Kickball team. I didn't even know there was a game called Kickball! Apparently there's a whole World Adult Kickball Association (WAKA) with teams from all over the "world" participating for the honor and glory of the Founders Cup. Can you believe that - All over the "world"? There are teams from California, New Jersey, Ohio, Florida and many others! There may even be a team from places as far away as *gasp* Hawaii!

For the uninitiated, Kickball is like baseball/softball, except instead of hitting a small ball with a bat, you kick the dickens off a big huge round ball that looks like Adnan Sami's stomach. I rigged the vote a little bit to ensure that I didn't become captain of our team.

Initially we had 12 players on our roster and we decided to hold an election to elect our captain. Everyone did their best to ensure that they were not elected captain. One of the 12 backed off at the last moment and then there were 11. Naveen and I were the leading contenders to be captain with 3 votes each. Unfortunately for him and fortunately for me, I voted twice (for our 12th member in absentia) to ensure that Naveen got elected. After all I'm sure that's what our 12th member would have wanted as well! You see I was in charge of counting the votes :D.

This is what a kickball field is supposed to look like.

Well wish our team luck as we get kicking soon! Will post some pics from the tourney if I can remember to take my camera.

Until then check out this awesome ad for shampoo! This is what I call quality advertising :) mmmmmmmmmmmwah... I must say the girl who is the princess is quite pretty!

1 comment:

Bharath Hemachandran said...

Are you sure??? I can see it just fine.

I guess you may have to wait for the page to load completely.