Monday, August 13, 2007

Three days of solitude was quiet a departure from an otherwise dull routine.

Was down with fever and cold, something that is a common feature during the monsoons. It was a welcome break never the less.

I’ve slept my heart’s content and piled on fat in the bargain. Oh! Why the bloody hell can we not have exercise machines like in the futuristic ‘Jetsons’, where you just have to look at person exercising and viola! your sweaty with an exhilarating pulse rate that keeps you on your toes the rest of the day. The medicines that the doctor had given this time made me so groggy that I felt I’d played ‘Requiem for a Dream’ in real life. One good thing I did was to transfer a good amount of movies from my hard drive to DVDs. Burning takes such a long time!

Was out of this state of limbo yesterday when my friend dropped by. Incidentally, she too was having a bad cold. She got me food to eat. A day’s cooking saved. Bless her! Chatted away for some time in Chinese, then walked down to the tailors’. We took a long winding route to be outdoors as long as possible. She wanted to convert a old rugged denim pant into a bag. We went around to all the possible fancy stores possible in search for something that’d make a dull, black denim pant come alive. I don’t think we can ever set foot in any of the stores for the next few weeks ‘cause we made the sales people climb the tallest of the shelves, dig out the boxes from the most incorrigible places and yet did not buy any of ‘em.

Soon it was night, a reminder that the party’s over.

No comments: