Saturday, August 25, 2007

Shadows

A friend of mine sent a link from you tube today.

I was pretty amazed at how much the realms of creativity can stretch. Some things, although intricate seem so effortless and striking.

Puppetry has existed in various forms in many countries. Puppetry is basically a figure whose movements are controlled by someone through, strings, rods, or hand movements. Shadow puppetry is one of the many forms of puppetry. It is simply amazing, the things our 2 hands can do… with the right kind of light and a sprinkling of imagination one can create awesome shadows.

























I was bewildered at the way Raymond Crowe brought the essence of ‘What a Wonderful World’ to life.




‘What A Wonderful World’ is a popular song written by Bob Thiele and George David Weiss, was first performed by Louis Armstrong. This song was released as a single in 1967. It is an amazingly soothing rendition and has positive note. One can sense the enchanting simple joys of life when he / she listens to this song. There is so much to look forward to.


WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD
I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself,
what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day,
the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

The colours of the rainbow,
so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by

I see friends shakin' hands,
sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"

I hear babies cryin',
I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Oh yeah!

4 comments:

Bharath Hemachandran said...

Yeah ... I love that song as well.

Never been good at shadow puppetry. My fingers lack the dexterity needed for it.

cure for ennui said...

ye magic fingures as they say!

Sumithra said...

Great song! And amazing shadow puppetry!!

cure for ennui said...

hey sunshine!!!! we missed you :) what a wonderful world....:)