Friday, March 02, 2007

The things you have done to impress someone you've liked

Swathy had started this thread in her cousins group asking ppl to state the things that they had done to impress the opposite sex in their headier more foolish days. Kind of brought back memories of all the stupid things I had done in my life.

I have umm...

* In college I had taken a girl and a whole crowd her annoying friends to a movie hall 2 hrs away while they kept screeching and shouting in the back seat of my car over one stupid thing after another. Me being the only guy in the car was seriously wondering if she was worth this effort.

* Then after the 2 hr drive had to put up with them for dinner and ended up paying the dam bill coz i was the only working guy... then decided she was not worth the effort.

* Looked after a girl's bratty brother while the girl went to the shops with her annoying friends. I figured that was easier to do than end up taking them shopping and paying for stuff I didn't want to pay. Actually had lots of fun with the kid... I taught him how to play cricket and he was quite good at it! He taught me how to hate his nursery rhymes tapes. After this ran for my life anytime I saw the girl.

* In school and another time in college played tennis in front of a girl's house ... but she only seemed to come out when I was losing Sad
Same with cricket, badminton and other sports i'm good at... only seemd to be around when i was playing badly. Wondered where they went when I was playing well... but then found out that they were there even otherwise... and that I distracted myself and played badly when I shouldn't have

* Pretended to be a really good palm reader Mr. Green. This was quite a good one actually... although I'm sure everyone has done and most girls have had this done to them.

* In school sung and danced on stage even though i had major stage fright. Then found the girl I wanted to impress hadn't turned up at all! Still at least ppl talked well about it so the girl found out abt it from other ppl.

* In college I took a girl's friend to the hospital and stayed there all night (although the girl who i took to the hospital was also a very good friend - may not have stayed the night though if it wasnt for the girl)

* In office donated blood (although maybe this doesn't count coz I wanted to anyway) and this was a very good way to impress them! Most successful attempt ... coz I apparently impressed many ppl that I didn't intend to impress either! I think I wrote about this sometime ...
http://bharathh.blogspot.com/2006/08/ten-things-that-you-love-about-your.html


* Before meeting swathy I used to volunteer at a bunch of places to pass my weekends... One time there was this girl in the office who i used to like who asked if I wanted to volunteer at one place where I would be put in charge of overseeing some birthday party.

Found out when i got there that I was the only person there to babysit the kids.. Sad Apparently she had told them that I was very good with kids, and they decided to use other volunteers elsewhere. God I had such a migrane after that!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

boo, i've always known you to be a very "earnest" person. but some of this stuff... seriously dude, you should have gotten a life waaaay before you did :)

Sumithra said...

Me first!! :D

Just went through your earlier posts. Congrats!!

Bharath Hemachandran said...

@mf - you get a life :P

@sunshine - thanks! Hey you're back :D

Anonymous said...

you ingrate!
you don't thank me for not only reading your blog, but also being the first to comment... instead, you abuse me.
i think i'm gonna need a moment now...

Revealed said...

Me second. Hehehehe.