Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The World Cup is here!!!!

A couple of weeks back cricket was the last thing on my mind. In fact thanks to India's inept performances on the cricket field and all the pathetic drama that had nothing to do with cricket and yet seems to be ingrained in Indian cricket I had pretty much given up on the whole sport.

But now I seem to be catching World Cup fever as well! I am really looking forward to this WC! However there is one huge difference in me. I have no expectations of India doing well. In fact I won't be surprised if they get knocked out in the first round by Bangladesh, especially after they upset the Kiwis today.

Here's the trophy that everyone is vying for

I am following all the warm up games with my buddies at Cricforum. As always it's tons of fun following all the cricketing action with everyone there. In fact the main reason that I seem to be catching the fever is thanks all the members of the forum.

Unlike other forums like Banglacricket where the sole aim of the majority of the members seem to be bashing India and other countries that are not Bangladesh, Cricforum has some awesome members from around the world who like to get along and have fun.

Anyways the warm up matches have given the Saffers, Kiwis, and the Pakistanis some food for thought about what they should change for the real games. Am happy for the Bangladeshis and the Irish. I wish the Irish had won though. Was good to see India start their campaign well.

I always love it when a David slays a Goliath (except when India plays).

Well anyways the World Cup theme song composed by Shaggy and Rupee is pretty decent. Quite peppy and as with all reggae music incomprehensible (except for the odd line here and there).

I hope India does really, really well but am really not expecting much from them. I'm sure I will be posting more as the action heats up. This post wasn't meant to be a critical analysis... Just a blurb about how I have got caught up in the excitement of the World Cup.

Now I am seriously considering buying one of the online video streaming packages.

8 comments:

Revealed said...

Me too me too. Seriously considering i mean!!

Revealed said...

And first again!!!

Bharath Hemachandran said...

Yea? I'll post some good sites to buy them from if you want.

Found some good stuff. They're showing one of the 4 warm up matches too!

Cloudy said...

Second. But the fever is just not the same as it is when you're in India, right? Or maybe it's just me -- have never been a hard-code cricket fan, just get caught up in the excitement -- when it's around me!

Amit said...

could not resist commenting on something about cricket. you are wrong man.. expect something from india this time.. really!! team looks balanced, and yes, a small matter of the aussies loosing 5 in a row.. check out my blog for more.

Bharath Hemachandran said...

Yup... I have escaped all the hype that surrounds Indian cricket here which is good. Otherwise I may believe the team is better than it seems!

Damanpreet singh said...

nice to c a cricket freak..

Bharath Hemachandran said...

Hey thanks damanpreet singh.

Hope u visit more often!