Monday, March 27, 2006

Lost Temples of India

Here is a wonderful documentary I found browsing through the wonder that is Google Videos.
The Lost Temples of India is a must see documentary about the less celebrated yet equally wondrous architecture that graces India's south.



Tiruvanamalai, India

As I was watching this documentary, I was astounded by the technical prowess of our ancestors to build what can only be classified to be a work of beauty in the form of an edifice! And what beautiful edifices they are!

Later as the documentary came to an end, I was inexplicably sad, to see the state of our country in its present state. I really hope that the next time I go to India I will be able to give these wonders the respect they deserve.

Do let others know about this documentary.

The Lost Temples of India

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey brat yes its really sad that these edifises are being ignored. well if you go to see maybe the Taj Mahal is not the only wonder in this wonderland. there are so many structures here that are yet to get their due recognition. i sincerely hope ppl don't dismiss their motherland like she has nothing to offer. its just that they haven't looked in the rite places.