Monday, November 27, 2006

So how was your Thanksgiving?

Was the most popular question that was being asked around the office today. Generally I just shrug and say in a non-commital tone that it was ok. Of course I always enjoy shopping on Black Friday and am always glad that I can get a couple of extra holidays.

This year however was awesome. In fact it has been a few years since I enjoyed my thanksgiving so much! In fact it was so good that I wish it could have gone on and on and on! I ate so much and enjoyed myself so much that I skipped two meals since I got back from my holiday. In fact my stomach still feels a little full from all that I ate last week.

I visited my in-laws' house and they were everything that you wish they were and nothing they shouldn't! Being with them was just like hanging out with some of my college friends. I really miss just hanging out with friends nowadays. Everyone has gotten so absorbed into their own lives that it is difficult to re-connect with anyone with more than a phone call!

Gone are the days when I would stay awake through the nights chatting with friends, playing cricket or even kabaddi with friends who would drop everything at the drop of a hat. Sigh! I miss my college days so much! I suppose a part of me is sad that I will never ever live like that again. However a part of me is overjoyed that I was able to experience times like those that I will be able to remember all through life.

Just about a year back I was nothing more than a new grad with nothing to worry about in life. In fact life had become a little mechanical since I graduated. This year things have happened so quickly that I find it a little hard to comprehend all the changes! Still I suppose as they say C'est la vie! Time to move on and celebrate the present and the future and retire the past.



So cheers to the good times and here's hoping for many more.

7 comments:

Revealed said...

First! I had a brilliant Thanksgiving as well! And this was with my school friends. So many of them are out here and its so weird meeting up with them again. But more than weird its beautiful :D

Bharath Hemachandran said...

Yeah i know! It's always awesome to meet up with old friends. Am going to DC and NYC this christmas. Gotta do some siteseeing before I officially get married :).

Sumithra said...

2nd! You were in college when this picture was taken?

Bharath Hemachandran said...

Actually one year out of college :D

This was after grad school hehe. I don't think there's enough time to talk about all the fun i had in undergrad!

veena's going home in dec rams. Her legs are still not recovered from the fall she had in india before she came back for the sem.

Revealed said...

Thinking of NYC this Christmas too, unless I change my mind in the last minit and end up in Chicago! Either way I'll prolly have a white one this year :D. Can't wait for vac time..feel like I've been working for ever *sigh*

Cloudy said...

Good for you :) I love my in laws too, and darn all those in law jokes!!!!

Bharath Hemachandran said...

Darn it no christmas in NYC for me :(

I don't have enuf holidays. SO I will have to settle for New Year's...

Thanks cloudy :)