Sunday, November 19, 2006

11 weeks to go!

For the marriage I mean. I really am looking forward to it I suppose. Never figured that my temple architecture trip to India would turn into a getting engaged to a budding architecture major. Anyways weirder things have happened I suppose. Just goes to show what a girl I've become. I always thought it was the guys who were supposed to be the nonchalant ones in the relationship, having as much fun as they could before the marriage while their significant other pined away for em.... Just goes to show how the times have changed ;)

Anyways had an interesting weekend - or Saturday I suppose. Watched the new Bond movie... which was very interesting. As far as I am concerned the jury is still out on what I thought about it. I still can't make up my mind! I liked the fact that it was not a typical Bond movie... but also did not like it because of the same reason! It was a little too sappy for a Bond movie, while on the other hand the violence was gloriously realistic and hard hitting (again not Bond like).

Nonetheless it is definitely worth a watch. Then I had a bout of college football with my friend Amit. I was surprised for a second about how much I accepted saturday evening football. I remember 8 yrs back when I first came to the US, I solemnly vowed that I would never like this crappy American wannabe Rugby. But now I like it miles more than Rugby - in fact I've forgotten the rules of Rugby! So anyways the much touted Michigan-Ohio State game was very boring... I thought OSU had wrapped up the game in the 3rd quarter, and Michigan was basically just playing catch up to 'em. Was surprised to hear today in the news that this game is being heralded as one of the best ever games between the two teams! Wow. These guys must have had some boring games!

Today was a very boring day. Slept in much of the day, had a match tonight, won that easily and broke my roomie's racket strings as well. That's the third racket in 3 days that I've disabled :(... Now I have no rackets left and a match to play tomorrow as well. Oh well, I suppose I will have to borrow a teammate's racket and hope I don't break the strings on that as well. Really regret breaking one of my rackets last week. Could have at least used that :(. Had just changed the strings on that, but broke the frame in a fit of anger.

Oh well, at least I'm a week closer to seeing my parents, relatives and of course Swathy again. So even though tomorrow is a Monday, at least there is a silver lining in there. Here's to 11 more quick weeks!

2 comments:

Sumithra said...

Let's hope these 11 weeks go fast :-) Is your wedding going to be here, in India?

Bharath Hemachandran said...

Yea in Bangalore.