Sunday, October 22, 2006

A fun Diwali

I had the best Diwali I've had in about 12 years. Usually Diwalis in the US consist of waking up in the middle of the afternoon, finding out about the day being Diwali from other people wishing you, getting dressed in the night and go and have some food with a few friends at some lame function.

However this year was different. I really had a blast this year. Woke in the morning and tried caling everyone on my phonebook list to wish them a happy diwali. Unfortunately most people seemed to be busy doing the same or hadn't woken up as yet. So well I talked to a bunch of voicemail programs expressing my wishes or hastily cut the line after wishing the sleepy uns a happy diwali. No point in drawing curses for waking ppl up y'know.

Well anyways I had more food that I can care to name, burst firecrackers after 12 years, breathed in the smoke from the firecrackers that reminded me of being stuck in an auto on the roads of Bangalore, oh and did I mention all the food???









12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Err... very loud shirt dude.... but Happy Diwali... how come I didn't get a voicemail!!! Git!!!

Anyhow enjoy food an party.

Bharath Hemachandran said...

:)

I like that kurti a lot dude :) i boutght it for my engagement party.

Thanks for the wishes and the comment! OMG! a comment from reader!

Sumithra said...

:-) Glad you had a good time! Your last visit home seems to have lifted up your spirits a lot ;-)

Anonymous said...

well arent you the lucky one!!! i had a non-diwali. this country sucks :(((((
(still Monday morning blues :p)

Anonymous said...

@Cloudy: Re: Last Post, I used to drive em crazyyyyy (my teachers, I mean). I was the one person who they never question on attendance ;). They were just happy when I didnt turn up :D. N yeah, i thot the intelligent audience bit was pretty deep myself but Bharath spoilt it by spotting the solution (AND the truth) so quickly. Hehe.

Cloudy said...

Good for you! Not to insult the orange, but I used to have a bedsheet just like that ;-)
(Who's the chap in blue?)

Bharath Hemachandran said...

@ss - Yea it sure has hasn't it? It's not every trip that you can claim to fall in love can u?

@rams - Hands off orange? My wardrboe is full of blues! This is the first time I wasnt wearing something with blue undertones.

@veena - yea i'm sure you did ;)

But it's ok. it got me noticed. The rest as they say is history.

Bharath Hemachandran said...

Oh the chap in blue is my housemate.

Cloudy said...

Meant his name. The chap in blue. He looks looks like a Hemanth I used to know...

Bharath Hemachandran said...

Oh ok... his name is dhaval.

Cloudy said...

Oh ok... sorry, wrong number :)

Sumithra said...

@Cloudy: Lol.. Wrong number!! :D